Monday, December 26, 2005

Whad'ja Get?

Well, what did YOU get for Christmas? It was very laid back for us this year. From my family, I got exactly what I asked for - a portable DVD player. My husband ventured into Wal-Mart all by himself this year. After 12 years, I've almost got him trained. Since I knew this was coming, I bought myself 2 DVD's (Remember the Titans and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and wrapped them so that there would be even unwrapping distribution on Christmas morn.

At the Allen Family gathering on Christmas eve, we did a Chinese gift exchange and I got this.


It's a foot massager cushion which I had to steal from my SIL. Trust me, it was the best option. Now I just need some D batteries and I'm in business.

My crazy grandmother gave us a framed photo of us from 1993. 'Nough said.


Merle got a box for Christmas. Merle (named by Russell after Mr. Haggard) is Sophie's brother and is super smart. If he had opposable thumbs, he'd be dangerous.

We made our annual pilgrimage to Waxahachie. Beckye LOOOOOOOVED her stitchery and immediately got out hammer and nail and put it on her kitchen wall. However, we didn't make it to I-HOP this year - between grazing all day on the cheese & crackers, honey ham, sausage balls, fudge and brownies, we just weren't hungry enough to leave the house.

The funniest part of yesterday was the poker game. Beckye's son Damon (who is 20 years older than Audrey) got poker chips for Christmas. As he was fondling them, I told him Audrey could kick his *** in Texas Hold'em. He looked at me to see if I was pulling his leg. Nope. She learned poker last Christmas and is pretty good. I don't think he really believed me, but was willing to play cards with a 10 year old just to have something to do. I checked in on them an hour later, and sure enough, she was taking him to the cleaners! Go Audrey - you rock! Your momma taught you so well.

A good time was had by all - and today I have to return to the real world.

Susan



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whad I get? A Hello Kitty watch. It's pink. I'm over 60 but it is fun to feel girly. I've been wearing since Christmas eve.
Mary

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lime green and baby blue Fat Baby cowgirl boots. And a splendid gift certificate to my favorite quilt store!
Pam

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home