Thursday, June 15, 2006

I've Got a Patriotic Feeling....

I had one of those major "Uh-Oh" moments yesterday. I realized our Strip Club meeting is like 3 weeks away and I hadn't even started on the sample yet. Time to get cracking! I had already decided on the colors and the pattern, but I needed to get busy sewing. Since this is the July offering, I figured Spangled Stars in red and blue would be just right.

I have all the blocks done - I just need to sash, border, and quilt it. Here are two blocks with an idea of what the sashing would look like with the blue corner stones.

Perhaps I'll get it finished this weekend. Pray for rain - then I won't feel guilty for not working in the garden.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! You are so speedy!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice blocks - that blue cornerstone just sets them off a treat

1:37 AM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

Very cool! I also LOVE the Dresden star! I gotta make that!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That's a great quilt! You must have extra hours in your day, you get so much done! Do you sell extra hours in your store? I could use them! :o)

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great quilt! I'm hostess of a Noodles Swap on About.com and this month were doing red, blue and patriotic noodles, with a challenge to make and donate a quilt to a Servicemen and women's organization before Veteran's Day. Do you have a source or name of that pattern? That would obviously be perfect for our noodles. Thanks for sharing that quilt pic.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was doing a web search for patriotic quilt patterns and found your blog. I love this pattern! Would you mind sharing how this goes together? I'm experienced in quilting squares but thought it might be fun to do just a table runner of maybe 3 of these pinwheels. Thanks!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home