Friday, May 26, 2006

An Abundance of Blessings

I'm tuckered out, ya'll. I am certainly suffering from an abundance of blessings (that's the politically correct way of saying "My plate runneth over...."). Since the Quilt Sampler magazine came out 2 weeks ago, we've all been running with our hair on fire. We have sold out of our first cutting of kits and have been cutting 50 more for the past 3 days. We've also sold out of kits for a quilt shown in our photo spread (which we cut 2 weeks ago....) and the phone won't quit ringing. We received about 25 bolts of fabric on Wednesday that hasn't even been logged into the computer and when I got back from the 5th grade march at Audrey's school this afternoon, UPS had delivered 11 more boxes of freight! We're throwing a party next Friday to celebrate and to show what all we picked up at Market and I'd like to have as many samples made as possible. Oh my! Where do I begin? All of this is fantastic, but I'm feeling a little bit scattered about where I should focus right now. So, what am I doing? Sitting on my front porch with my wireless laptop, drinking an adult beverage, and talking to you.

Today was the last day of school, and the 5th graders had a celebration where they march through the halls with the other grades cheering them on. I made Audrey's teacher a Lazy Girl Summer Tote bag yesterday and forgot to take its picture before giving it to her this afternoon (nothin' like waiting til the last minute....LOL!). One of Audrey's best friends who transferred out mid-year came to school today to cheer everybody on - and her mom took A. home with them to spend the night. Another blessing! I don't have to worry about cooking dinner!

One of the local nurseries has a big 1/2 price sale each year during the week before Memorial Day. I ran out there yesterday morning and went crazy! They had lots of great stuff at killer prices and you know me - I never met a flower I didn't like. I've got my work cut out for me on Sunday. But yet again - another blessing. All I have to do between now and then is to keep them alive...


I also found this little planter at Big Lots yesterday. When I asked Russ to water all the container plants while I was gone, I made the mistake of not pointing out each and every one.... many of them were in dire straights when I got home and that included Mr. Merle's Herb de Gato. So I picked up another one and it fits perfectly! How cute is that? I just couldn't resist.


Even though I am working Saturday and Monday, I am going to do my best to turn off the recording in my head that usually says "You don't have time to relax - there's too much work to be done!". Being a workaholic is a hard addiction to beat - but this weekend I'm gonna try.

I hope you all have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend....

Susan

11 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

love the plants! I am guilty of the same-loving all the flowers and trying to cram them all in a small space. Good luck keeping up with all the good that has come your way quilt shop wise!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

It may be driving you nuts, but what a wonderful success for your shop! I love the little cat planter.

12:47 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Awww, the cat planter's adorable!

Good luck on getting all your new inventory sorted and samples displayed!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You so deserve your many blessings...I hope you find the time for them all! I was so excited to see your shop in the magazine, I can't imagine how you've been keeping up with everything since it came out. Enjoy your adult beverage, you deserve it!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I'm so glad the magazine has brought such good results for you! As busy as you are . . it certainly is a blessing! Our shops around here would love to have that problem! I'm happy for you!!

Take some time to relax . . you deserve a break TODAY!

Judy L.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I so enjoyed the article of your shop in the Sampler magazine. It is great hearing that you have had such fantastic results from it! Enjoy!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love that littel iron statue! It's too cute!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I ope things worked out for you this week. The article in Sampler is great!
Siobhan

12:07 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I just read mt magazine and thought WAIT I know that name!! It's where I got my fabric...wait, it's a fellow Maverick!!! Congrats on the magazine article and being chosen. If you were closer I would come on over to visit

11:19 AM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Just love your spread in Quilt Sampler and the quilt your shop has in. Great job!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I am sooo excited because DH got me a copy of this magazine just today so finally I can catch up with what everyone else has been ooohing and aaaahing over (so, it is only mid-July!).

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home