Friday, May 12, 2006

When Bad Things Are Done To Good Fabric

I am such a doofus. I took the bargello/brick top to work this morning to pick out borders. I put it on the classroom table first thing this morning and then completely forgot about it. By the time I realized that I hadn't cut any fabric for sewing tonight, it was too late. I had to rush out the door to take Audrey to rehearsal.

So, after preparing my materials for my liberated piecing class tomorrow, I dug around for something to do. And pulled out this. See, once upon a time (like 3 or 4 years ago), I got this new Lazy Girl flying geese ruler. And we had this new line of fabric. And I conceived this plan to make scrappy geese set with big squares. I made the center blocks and I hated it. My "vision" had cataracts. So I stashed it away.


So tonight, I drug it back out and pieced borders for it. Is it liberated, maverick or just plain awful? Doesn't matter - the top is done and I'll quilt it for Project Linus. I've even made scrappy binding for it. If nothing else, I can chalk one up for progress on another UFO.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I LOVE IT! I love the whole mish-mash fun of it. How big is it? I think it would make a great table topper for summer....finish it, bind it, use it...it is FUN!

Bonnie

6:32 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I think it looks quite happy and kudos to you for finishing it!!

Judy L.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

I think it is so cute and will make a cute project linus quilt! I love that flying geese ruler!!!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home