Saturday, May 13, 2006

Scraps, Scraps Everywhere....

After dropping Audrey off at 7:30 for her orchestra competition field trip, I voted and then went to work. I had a Strip Club presentation at 9:00, led our FROG (Fabric Reformation and Organization Group) meeting at 10:30, grabbed a quick bite for lunch, and then had a Liberated Piecing (aka "crumbs" or "mile-a-minute" blocks) class from 2:00 to 4:30. Class was a great success - each student made at least 6 blocks and had a great time doing it. I am slowly and insidiuously luring other quilters over to the Maverick side....(insert evil laugh here)....



After watering all the flowers when I got home, I even made 11 blocks myself. But why doesn't the scrap bucket look any smaller? I think there's unregulated breeding going on....

I hope all of you have a great Mother's Day tomorrow and get to do WHATEVER you want to do!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

I love making these blocks and early this year did two quilts from doing them-loved the article on your shop in the latest Quilt Sampler magazine! What a fun shop you have.

10:37 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Your liberated piecing group looks like they had a lot of fun!

Are most of them going on to make quilts with their blocks or hotpads or?

10:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What a GREAT blocks. I add them to my list for "to make once"

Lucy

6:07 AM  
Blogger tami said...

Those blocks look like so much fun. I'm going to have to give them a try.

9:46 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I picked up Quilt Sampler today!!!Love your quilt! Mile a minute blocks are just plain fun...:)
Siobhan

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home