Monday, February 05, 2007

Nirvana

What a week. Not only have we been inundated with fabric this past week, but my hard drive on my desktop computer at work crashed on Thursday. Fortunately, we have a computer repair place around the corner from the shop and they took my unit right away to be fixed. We managed to save all the data, but not the programs. Isn't this like deja vu all over again? I went through this a couple of months ago, but I guess they really didn't fix the problem. The good news is that I have a brand spanking new hard drive and shouldn't have these kinds of problems in the immediate future.

The real downside to all of this is that not only could I not do my "work" for 3 days, but replacing all the programs and getting the computer re-networked added another day to my workload. Just when I thought I was all caught up, the UPS man brought 4 more big boxes of fabric. I feel like George Jetson - "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!".

So it's Monday. Audrey has rehearsals for the local youth orchestra on Mondays. Rehearsals are held on the square in downtown McKinney. Even though I only live about 6 blocks from there, practice is only about an hour and I usually hang out with the other moms. There's this new coffee shop across the street and I noticed last week that there was free WI-FI. I grabbed my laptop on the way over here. I've got a glass of wine and have loaded all of the new Kaffe Fassett fabrics on my website and now I'm blogging. Let's hear it for making good use of down time!

I do wish I didn't work all the time, but sometimes a girl just can't help it when there's things to be done. But doing it with a glass of wine makes it better.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Wine and Kaffe Fassett...move over and pour me a glass, be right over!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I just hate it when the computer is down, especially when I have work I need to do. Seems like I can't think of a single thing to do that doesn't involve the computer. Glad you're getting it taken care of, and that you could make good use of waiting time.

6:15 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Mmm that wine part sounds especially good, especially with a little wi-fi internet work along with it.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home