Thursday, March 01, 2007

Just Shoot Me Now!

I have gone and lost my ever-lovin' mind! See, this is a sample for the Dallas Quilt Show. The top has been finished since Sunday, but due to other commitments, I haven't had a chance to get this top loaded on the longarm til today.

See, this is a really cool quilt, which is made up of predominantly solids. It NEEDS texture to make it come alive. Unfortunately, the texturing is kicking my butt! I've been working on this all day, and finally had to quit for tonight because my wrist is throbbing from 9 hours of vibration and tight movements. I'd love to get this finished this weekend, but I just don't know. Why oh why do I always bite off more than I can chew?

11 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

The quilting is great, excellent way to use solid fabrics.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is Beautiful, capital B. *wishing I could only*
Pammie

11:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

It is wonderful...the quilting couldn't be more perfect!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

If it helps to hear, the quilting is making it truly amazing!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It's torture, but it's so worth it! The quilt looks fabulous...and I am so impressed that you were able to stand at the longarm for 9 hours! I can't last more than about 2 hours, with frequent breaks! Congrats..this one will be a hit!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

If its any help, the quilting looks great - a perfect choice for this quilt.

1:47 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Your instincts are right - that quilting is going to make the quilt. (did you realize it matches your blog background design!) It is hard once you have an idea in your head that you know is right to back off and take the easier road.

Hang in there but don't damage yourself.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sympathy for the aching wrists - but it WILL be worth it in the end - that quilting looks superb on those solids

3:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations for the beautiful quilting. It makes the quilt. I hope your wrists recover quickly.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It's GAWGEOUS! I'll be traveling from South Dakota to Dallas to go to the show! Was there last year and loved it and picked up your K&K Windmill kit. It's all pieced, so I need to get another kit this year! Can't wait to see this in person!

Kim aka kwiltykim

9:42 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Wow! Your quilting is amazing! I can understand why it's been really hard on you, you must work for ages and seemingly get nowhere, but gosh, you must be thrilled with how it's looking!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home