Friday, February 24, 2006

Stringus Interruptus

I was ardently working on the borders for my string pieced top when a nasty chest cold knocked me down for the count. I think I'm about 3/4 done.


We finally received the shipment of fabric for March's Strip Club. I spent the day piecing the sample top. Here's a picture of the blocks and sashing on the design wall - the top is completely finished now including borders, but Russ borrowed my camera tonight and took it with him to his gig at Billy Bob's. I'll try to get a shot of the whole thing tomorrow.


In case you haven't noticed, I am now a member of the Maverick Quilters blog ring. Thanks to all who have made me feel welcome. If you've got a minute or two, check out the other Maverick bloggers - it's lots of fun!

I think it's time to take my NyQuil and go to bed....

Susan

6 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Love the two quilts in progress! I am a big fan of string quilts, and the string panels you have going are great! I hope that nasty chest cold is on it's way out and you are on the mend by now!

Bonnie

6:58 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

I too love the string quilts..yours is coming along great! You have quite the selection of strings...they just seem to grow on their own! I put together a few crumb quilts with photos over at my blog-http://cherzoe.blogspot.com/2006/02/ufo4-done-scrappy2.html if you want to see what I did - and yes, they are addicting! enjoying reading your blog...hope you are feeling much better today.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the quilt top! I love the browns with the pinks and reds. Thanks for sharing and welcome to our maverick group!

Sarah

8:27 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Beautifull. all the colors the sashings everything :c)

4:29 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Welcome to the Mavericks Group!

Looking forward to seeing the top made with the strips.

Judy L.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Nines said...

Love the blocks. Don'tcha just hate it when life gets in the way of quilting? That's just not right! Sure hope you're on the mend and back to doing what you love!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home