Sunday, February 19, 2006

It Was a Sew-Sew Sunday


I slept in this morning - it felt great! After calling off Audrey's violin lesson, I went to work in the sewing room. I finished the main body of my string quilt and set it with fabric from my stash. It needs an outer border. I'm thinking about string piecing the outer border - heaven knows I've got enough strings! A plain fabric border would be easier, but finding the right fabric in the closet could be a major challenge. Since the sewing room is in a big mess right now, I might as well continue on with the string piecing.


While piecing the blocks, of course I needed a leader/ender. So I made some "crumb" blocks as seen on Finn's blog. WOW - were these fun to make. I can see a new addiction on the horizon. Like I need a new addiction... I can see slicing up orphan blocks and making something new out of them. Oh - the possiblities!



If you decide to make your own crumb blocks, remember that you will have bias edges once you trim them down. I would suggest a good shot of Magic Sizing before trimming.





Yep. It was a good day to stay home. And I even got me a dose of Bon Jovi before the Daytona 500. Yum....

Susan

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

Susan - I am very new to quilting. Could you please explain to me what you mean when you say leader/ender? I love reading your blogg ~ I check it once a day. The Quilt Asylum is my favoirte place to come :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Welcome the mavericks ring. I love your flower quilt and your string quilt too. The colors are so Happy !!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Darcie said...

You're a Bon Jovi lover too? Me too!!! It was love at first sight for me...how 'bout you?

OK. That was enough teeny-bopper jibberish for one day, wasn't it!

Your String quilt and Crumb blocks are great, Susan. Some of those greens (like the polka dots) in your Crumbs are really catching my eye.

And what eye candy in your "A Little of This..." post!!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home