Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Best of Intentions

After being chastised by a customer Monday night (hi, Martha!) for not blogging more often, I swore I would be more dilligent.

Tuesday night, we hosted the local chapter for Project Linus at the shop. I even took a picture! (part of the non-blogging situation is primarily caused by my inability to remember to use my camera......). As I left around 9pm, it was thundering and lightning - I was really hoping to get some rain. Really planned on blogging. Instead, I was mesmerized by the weather reports of the tornado just 15 miles north of us. Perhaps you saw it on the national news. No rain here - but I have a customer who watched it all from her front porch. It is May in Texas - Mother's Day weekend is notorious for severe weather in North Texas. However, no blog.

Sewing labels for Project Linus

I was all prepared to blog an entry yesterday morning - I got to work early and downloaded photos to my computer at work. Guess what! A sales rep showed up early and I ended up looking at fabric for 3 hours. I barely had time to eat lunch before leaving to take Audrey to the dentist. Came back to work and things were crazy. Got distracted by a new book - "Bundles of Fun" by Karen Snyder. It's my new favorite book. It's very basic - simple projects based on bundles of 12 fat quarters. It's clearly written and the text and photos have a very "clean" look.


So, of course I looked around the store, found a new fabric grouping that just happened to have 12 pieces in it, grabbed 12 fat quarters and began cutting and sewing last night. Didn't I say I was going to quilt my Buggy Barn flowers? Quilter's ADD strikes again. Decided I'd better blog - but oops! the photos are on my desktop at work. No blog.

Got up this morning (it's my day off - Russ had the day off too) and began sewing because it was too cool to work in the yard. Sewed for about 3 hours and then worked outside planting stuff that's been sitting around for over a week. Jumped in the shower around 3 so that I could get Audrey as soon as school was out. She has an orchestra field trip/contest on Saturday and she needs a pair of denim shorts and new sneakers. Hit the post office to mail some customer packages, ran by the shop to check in (and remembered to e-mail myself the Project Linus photo so that I could use it at home), hit Target (and spent over $100 - how does that happen?), grabbed a bite to eat, and came home to finish the quilt top I started last night. It still needs borders, but I'll pick that out tomorrow.



So, here it is 3 days later, and I'm finally posting an entry. Happy now, Martha? I really do have the best of intentions....my life just keeps getting in the way.

6 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

Thanks for sharing the new quilt top. I am going to keep an eye out for that book. I just love that quilt and if all the quilts in the book look this great, it is worth having the book in my collection!

8:12 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Lovely stair step quilt... A. what fabric line is that & B. Is that pattern in the new book? That book has me intrigued... (I am in LOVE with the new Moda line by April Cornell - no idea why - not my usual taste, but I sure was drooling over it last night...)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Isn't is awful that life get's in the way of what we want to do. The new quilt book looks really interesting, love the quilt you made from it!

11:25 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I like the pattern too, for some reason, it reminds me of the rick-rack mom used to edge my dresses with.

And Love the fabrics you did it in!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Wore me out just reading it all in one post! :)

Love the pictures!!

Judy L.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! A friend just sent me a link to your blog. I wrote Bundles of Fun--it's my first book. I'm so glad you like it. And, you chose my second favorite quilt to make from it--Twelve Step Program. My first favorite is Midnight Cowboy. I have a shop, too. Anna Lena's, in Long Beach, Washington. Will you be at Market in October? Karen Snyder

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home