Friday, May 05, 2006

The Silly Season

I don't know about you, but May is turning out to be the silly season here for me. Between all the rehearsals for our year-end orchestra concert (this Saturday), dentist appointments, orthodontic appointments, Audrey's birthday, Mother's Day, the magazine release, the employee garage sale and Quilt Market, it seems like I don't even have time to breathe. I've been waiting this morning for the cable guy - the gremlins in my studio TV appears to be a conked out converter box. I haven't gotten a whole lot of sewing done because I am such a TV addict that I can't miss my shows at night! I've been sitting in the living room hand quilting instead.



So, while I wait for the cable guy, I've begun doing some sorting for our employee garage sale in two weeks.


This is my book shelf. I love books. I am not going to live long enough to make all the projects in these books, but when I'm really tired, I can look through my books and design projects in my mind.








I have 4 Elfa towers filled with fabric (mostly FQ's or less), projects, odds and ends, etc. accumulated over 15 years.
















I've sorted about 4 drawers and begun culling and re-organizing. Don't know if I'll get through it all in the next week, but anything is better that nothing! I look at this as a long-term project - but the garage sale is providing some semblance of motivation right now.

Some days I just want to get rid of it all and start over. How insane is that?





Today's Merle shot once again shows how he chooses to sit in containers that are half his body size. There's nothing like a 15 pound cat in the middle of a mess.

Why is it that I can't find him when I want him, yet he plops himself down in the middle of my stuff when I don't want him? Kitty Kat Reverse ESP?


The cable guy is here, so I gotta run!

3 Comments:

Blogger ForestJane said...

If you REALLY want to get rid of it all, and start over, would you like my mailing address?

*VBG* like Finn. :)

1:18 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

waht a cute kitty! Good luck with all that is on your plate!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Love the picture of the cat in the small container! How cute..

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home