Sunday, July 02, 2006

My goal today was to clean up my sewing room. Too many projects without picking up after myself had created an unholy mess. But where to begin?

There was the pile of half-square triangles left over from making Gallantly Streaming. I thought I'd just square them up before I put them away. Four hours later I had a finished quilt.

It's only about 15" x 18", but it's quilted and bound and made completely from materials on hand. Now it needs a name. Any suggestions?

Perhaps tomorrow night I'll get to that cleaning up thing.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! Maybe "Firecracker"...or "Ka-boom!"?

10:25 PM  
Blogger dot said...

How about FLight of Independence. I love it. So American and just in time for the 4th. Good for you.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or 'Who needs a tidy sewing room anyway?' - lovely little quilt :o)

12:54 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

Lovely little quilt... I see others see the patriotic, but being Canadian that isn't what came to mind... I see Christmas colours -- the red and advent blue and found myself thinking of flying gees all returning home for the hlidays..

8:26 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Susan

As soon as you asked for sugestions on the name, I wasn't at a losse as I usual am. What poped into my minde was. "An American Gathering." Also, but not as appealing, "Rallying point."

I think it is one of the most grabing patriotic quilts I have seen.

By the way, it seems like you were cleaning. You have how much less cleaning to do?

Rae

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

How cute is that? I love it. No help with a name for you, though. I do see some good ones left by others, though. Nice way to clean the sewing room.

7:29 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Fireworks! (Very cool to have someing so neat doen with stuff on hand!)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Epicenter" is what came to mind. No idea why. :-) Use it or not, if you wish...

9:52 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I really like this one. Great layout and choice of colors.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home