Sunday, April 22, 2007

Juggling

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've been juggling a couple of projects - you know - those "but first" things. Several quilts were in various stages, and I needed to get them done.

This is my completed "Not so Square" quilt. I had to finish this project before I could begin the Strip Club sample for May because it was taking up the design wall. I've had several comments from people who have seen this quilt in person, because the blocks are bigger than they perceived when they saw the blocks in process on my blog. This is a pretty good-sized quilt - 78" x 90". I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this quilt - but it's completely finished and I'm just proud that it didn't turn into a UFO.



This Jo Morton Log Cabin is a sample for the shop. Diane pieced it, but I needed to quilt it before I could begin the Strip Club sample because we already had the kits cut and on the sales floor. Didnt' it turn out pretty?


And finally, the sample for Strip Club for May. The fabrics are Dimples by Andover and the pattern is "Butterflies and Blooms".

Whew! I've been really intent on getting things done, not only because done is good, but because I'm going to meet a couple of friends this afternoon to play. Remember this book?
I talked about it when it first came out about a year ago - I feel in love with the quilts but just haven't taken the time figure it out. We all want to learn this technique, and decided that our best chance was to just schedule a time to do it all together. I'll let you know how it goes....

5 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love the quilts you have finished! Done is good--and in this case, beautiful as well! I too have been looking at the book, "One Block Wonders" and wanting to make something from it. Keep us posted! I wish I was there to play along with you and your friends as you test drive that book!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Your Not so Square quilt is wonderful! I would like to do this pattern now that I've seen yours.

5:24 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

It's that brights against black one that leaped out and caught my eye. Nice work!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Elaine Adair said...

So many neat quilts! I love to see the difference between the pink/orange/purple blocks made with and without sashing! What a difference.

ALL the others are just smashing! You have a gift for color.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Congrats on the finishes!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home