Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Project "Next"

This is the current project I'm working on (not including the hand-appliqued BOM sample that is on-going).

I bought a fat quarter bundle at the P&B fabrics warehouse the day we set up our booth at the Dallas quilt show. I had absolutely no busines buying it, but it jumped in my hand and wouldn't leave. The infatuation with the fabrics has cooled a little bit, but I'm committed to finishing the quilt.

I found a pattern at the show written by a friend of mine. These are the blocks, and there will be sashing in between them. That's all cut out and waiting to be sewn. Now if I could only find a few hours of uninteruppted time to put it together!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY nice fabric bundle and I like the pattern too. Hope you find some sewing time to finish it soon :-)

7:14 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Isn't it annoying when that fabric jumps at you like that? I know I usually feel sorry for it and it just has to come home with me -- otherwise who else will rescue it from the terrible fate it is trying to escape? (tounge firmly in cheek here)

I love the colors in these fabrics and can't wait to see it with its sashing!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Lovely fabrics, I can see why they jumped into your hand!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kelly Yates, PhD said...

I adore your color combinations!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That's a great quilt pattern. It really showcases the fabric. Great job!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

Wow, those colors are really something else. Your quilt will really brighten up a room when it's finished! Can't wait to see the final results.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Malagueta said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. I love the way the simplicity of the block plays with the complexity of the fabrics. How fun!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I have a hard time resisting fat quarter bundles too - I like this quilt - simple but it showcases the fabrics. I love the spider web string quilt too - that orange is great!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

what a fun and happy quilt! Love the fabrics!

Bonnie

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home