Thursday, June 21, 2007

In a Schlump

Have you ever been in a schlump? You know...you have all these great ideas in your head, all these things you want to accomplish, all these things that NEED to be done, but absolutely no energy or drive to do it? With the end of school and becoming Mom's Taxi Service (more so than normal), trying to change my lifestyle through diet and excercise, and more work to get done than hours in a day, I have kind of cratered.

It doesn't help that my sewing room looks like the Mad Scientist (or a family of small hyenas) has moved in. Now, I'm NOT a neatnik. But, there comes a point when anything productive comes to a screeching halt due to the chaos. Merle doesn't mind, but I do.


My goal for tomorrow (and the weekend, if necessary) is to put things back in order. Wish me luck.

However, one of those "I gotta get this done NOW" tasks came up - the Strip Club sample for July. So, since I could actually get to my sewing machine, I pieced the strips at home and did all the cutting/subcutting at work.

This was a quick and fun quilt to make. I wonder how it would look completely scrappy? The 2-1/2" strip bin is overflowing.....Oh well, that's for another day.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

What do you mean by completely scrappy? (more that just red & green) because that looks scrappy already.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Mmmmm...gorgeous! I love quilts that use red and green without being Christmas-y b/c I love that color combo.

I can sympathize with the schlump - we probably all can. Hang in there!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Quilting Pirate said...

yes! You are not alone! We all have times where things just stop on one set and stir up on another!

Looks like you need some "me" time! hugs!

And the strip quilt is wonderful fun!

7:44 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

I thought that first paragraph was me talking; that's me in a nutshell right now. Trying to break out of the shell these past few days :-).

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the new strippy quilt! It looks Christmasy. ANd it looks like it would be quick to make.

Hope you can get your space cleaned up! If you figure out how to do it, let me know! I could use some help!

Have a great weekend!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I was in a schlump yeserday, think I wanted to be angry at the family more than anything else. I certainly didn't get nearly as much accomplished as you did!
That is such a pretty quilt. I really like the color combinations - the various reds and greens against the white, the floating layout, and the quilting looks so pretty.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lynn Dykstra said...

this is very pretty, I like the white as a background, making the reds and greens sparkle.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rose Marie said...

It's stunning! I made a scrappy quilt using the same pattern and you can see what it looks like by visiting my blog and click on to Mar. 22 post.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home