Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Diamond Delight

I decided that I needed to make a sample with the new Fresh Air jelly rolls that have come into the shop. The pattern -Diamond Delight- is in the book "Strip Clubbing" and is just perfect for these fabrics. After stripping and cutting all the diamonds, I have a 1 complete row (out of 5) done.

Then I looked at the calendar. OMG! It's August. The North Texas Shop Hop is in 30 days...this year's theme is a scavenger hunt (The Case of the Wild Goose Chase), and each shop will feature a quilt that utilizes flying geese units.

If this blog had sound, you would be hearing the screech of brakes as I change gears from Diamond Delight to Shop Hop. I designed a quilt on Sunday, cut the fabric on Monday, and am now in the process of making 108 flying geese. And when I finish that, I must quickly get started on the next Strip Club quilt for September.

So, I will gaze longingly at the diamonds. Don't worry, I'll come back to you.....someday...

10 Comments:

Blogger Elaine Adair said...

LOVE those strips! My favorite type of quilt blocks!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

The diamonds are so striking!!!

Can't wait to see your shop hop quilt!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

A different way to make strip blocks, looks great.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Wasie said...

Darn. And I loved those diamonds. Ain't that always what happens... sigh...

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The diamonds are perfect for strips of all sizes - and they look great. Love the rich tones of the fabrics.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Beertje Zonn said...

The diamonds are lovely.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

1:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

hey there, love wha tyou are up to pls contact me asap,

writing an article for quilt magazine.

H2

1:40 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

These are pretty diamonds. They are going to look beautiful in a quilt.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

I love those diamonds!! Poor you, making 108 flying geese. That is my least favorite unit to make. Mine always end up slightly wonky, even though I use a reasonable system. The thought of making 108 of them would send me into a tizzy.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

108 flying geese sounds like torture! I seem to make them for almost every quilt I make. Have fun.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home