Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Randomness

The quilting continues. Not as quickly as I would like, but that's the way it goes.

This quilt has taken much longer to actually finish than I wanted. I got the top done and quilted in about a week, but it took another week for me to bind it. It's a Cozy Quilt pattern (Four Square) using the Katie Jump Rope fabric strips that we have for sale at the shop.
It's got old-fashioned muslin for the background and solid squares and I just love the retro feel.
I didn't piece this quilt, but I did quilt it. It's from the book "Minnesota Charms" and uses our Novelty charm squares. What a great twist on an I Spy quilt!

I pieced and finished another quilt last week using Andover's American Folk Art Museum Columns, but I had to pack it off to New York (Andover is going to publish it on their website) and forgot to take its picture before it went. Some days I'm like a chicken with my head cut off...

Perhaps you've heard how much rain we've received in North Texas this summer. Now it's just hot and humid (although it's been storming today). My flower beds are an absolute mess. It's been either too wet or too hot and the grass and weeds are taking over. But I thought I'd show you a picture of the volunteer Morning Glory that is about to eat my house. There's actually a minnow bucket with a clematis under the big bunch in the front, and the big wad in the back is climbing on the spent columbines and up the porch post and is threatening to strangle the geraniums in the pot. But I just don't have the heart to rip it out. What the hey. It's green and it's blooming and from the street you can't really tell that it's a wild mutant. I kinda like that in a garden.

We're in the process of remodeling Audrey's bedroom. We've had a contractor in and out of the house for the last week repairing and re-texturing the drywall. I'm glad we're making progress in that area, but I'm getting absolutely nothing else done. I guess I'll just play Scarlett O'Hara and perhaps tomorrow will be a better day!


6 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Awww I love that little retro quilt. It looks great.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Lynn Dykstra said...

I love the red squares in the top quilt--very playful

10:44 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

These two quilts are really cute and look like they were fun to work on. I want to get back to my strings now - my aunt's top stressed me out and I want to work on something easy.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Both of these quilts look so fun and playful, each in their own way. Beautiful. Sounds like you have been getting a lot done, even if it isn't what you were expecting to get done.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Malagueta said...

I love the cozy quilt. The blue and red work so wonderfully together!

7:18 PM  
Blogger FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

Howdy from another Susan!!

I've got a MONSTER volunteer morning glory here too. For the past 3 years it has worked its way up my old TV antenna tower to the top of my roof. I'd be more than happy to send you a start. Mine are fuscia....my flower beds are a mess too . Too much rain latey here in Indiana..more to come..oh well guess thats perfect quilting weather!!!!!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home