Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where Did The Time Go?

Oh my goodness! Has it really been 3 weeks since I posted? Where did the time go? Actually, I know where it went - working, orchestra rehearsals, gearing up for back-to-school, a short trip to Austin, and a little bit of sewing.

Over the last 3 weeks, here's what I've gotten done.

This batik log cabin was pieced by my friend Sarah, but I quilted and bound it.


This is the culmination of 108 flying geese! I designed it as our Shop Hop quilt (the big North Texas Shop Hop is next week....) and have been busy writing the pattern and making kits. I think it turned out pretty good!


Our Strip Club meeting is the weekend after Shop Hop, so I had to get busy making that sample as well. In honor of Quilt Pink month, I chose hot pink, black and white. The pattern is called "Crosswalk in Paris". Doesn't it look perfect for a teenage girl?


This week has been spent with church board and orchestra board meetings. We're also remodeling Audrey's bedroom (at a snail's pace, of course....) and I think sanding and painting is on the agenda this weekend. Looks like sewing is on the back burner for a while!


5 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Love the flying geese...

I always like block & white & bright (1 color) quilts!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I love the geese! Perfect for the impending change of seasons (which can't come fast enough for me!)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

All three are nice quilts, I am impressed with your flying geese as I avoid them for some reason.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Wasie said...

OMG, Susan! There you go again with that Strip Club! My gals will LUV that quilt. sigh.... Why do you do this to me....

2:45 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Those geese are fantastic -- and the strip club quilt is just darling! Forget a little girl, this big girl would LOVE it!

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home