Saturday, September 01, 2007

Injured!

Merle (the cat) tried to kill me tonight.

I was stepping out the back door to get something out of my car and Merle was sitting at the top of the concrete steps. I didn't see him until too late and I lost my balance and slammed my left foot toenail-down on the concrete. I apparently completely skinned the bottom of my big toe. I say apparently because I was sitting in the dark blinded by the pain - Russ helped me in the house and I threw my foot up on the counter and he cleaned and bandaged me up.

The throbbing is down to a dull roar and I have been banished to my recliner to elevate it. It's already swelling, but I don't think it's broken. NOT the way I wanted to begin my holiday weekend. We're supposed to be painting Audrey's room.

I think I'm most upset about scraping up the paint from my relatively fresh pedicure. I treat myself about twice a year. Such a bummer.

Oh great. I just noticed I am bleeding under the toenail of the second toe. Time to get another bandaid.

*** Update, Sunday morning: Took the bandages off and really looked. I did not skin up my toe. All the bleeding came from UNDER my toenail. It's still sore, but I guess it's a good thing that it only hurts from the top, and not the bottom. Thank goodness it's still sandal season - I think I would die if I had to put on a closed-toe shoe!

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol E. said...

owie!!! I don't know... when I looked at the picture I thought "broken toe." The bruising is starting.. what do you think? I'm sorry you had this huge inconvenience happen to wreck your weekend! On the other hand, maybe you can spend the time being pampered. You started with the pedicure, now let someone pamper the rest of you.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the cat, the week end, and the pedicure, LOL.

What a bummer. I hope you're feeling better.

(Perhaps you should give the cat's tail a good pull, :wink:)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Quilting Pirate said...

ouch!!! But you other toes still look pretty :D

hopefully you toe feels a little better today!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

OUCH! Rest that toe, think on the bright side - its not the foot you use for the sewing machine foot pedal, is it?

9:55 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

ouch ouch ouch. I have to be so careful about my tom cat tripping me up. He's so big that if he hits the back of my knees hard enough, I just go right down lol.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Awww. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Elaine Adair said...

Oh boy - so sorry ... but, hey, if you had to injure a toe, your toes look pretty nifty with that pedicure! Great Timing.

My luck? Last time I was injured and broke an ankle, I hadn't shaved my legs in a week. Now, that's embarrassing! You did much better. Hope you heal fast.

7:35 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Isn't it amazing how one little toe can cause sooooo much pain! Great pink nails though...

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband hit his thumb with a hammer and it bled under the nail and the throbbing was so bad that we took him to the ER and they drilled a small hole in the nail to relieve the pressure of the blood under the nail.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home