Sunday, January 15, 2006

First UFO Finish of 2006!



Well, sort of. It's not completely done until it's quilted. I sewed like a madwoman last night and completed the Streak of Lightning quilt top last night. I even made the binding for it out of leftovers from the streaks. Let me tell you, it's going to take a lot of quilting to get this sucker flat. There was a lot of easing going on to get the streaks and sashing put together! My piecing skills have certainly improved in the last 5 years.

I hope to find a backing fabric in my stash. Since this project was started so long ago, I no longer have any emotional attachment to it whatsoever. I might just donate it to Diane to take on her mission trip to Juarez this year. It does kind of look like a serape, doesn't it?

The brunch buffet will be open any minute and I'm hungry!

Later,

Susan

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Thanks! It's not HORRIBLE, I just don't love it. It will find a good home somewhere else.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home