Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Good Time Was Had By All

Sharon graciously opened her home to us for our staff holiday party. She lives in Melissa, just a few miles north of McKinney, and has a handful of "critters" in her backyard.

Audrey got to feed the two lambs - 3 and 4 weeks old, respectively.

But the cutest animal had to be the week old goat, named Eve, because she was born on New Year's eve.


After gorging ourselves on a huge meal of ham, potato casserole, corn casserole, broccoli and rice, squash, salads, homemade bisquits, etc., we had our gift exchange.


Sarah looks fetching in her new bow headdress.

We were all pretty civilized this time - there was not much fussin' and tradin'. Everyone seemed pleased with their gifts.


The gift I took was a small hand-quilted wholecloth hanging. I apologize for the bad picture, but the lavender shot cotton just wouldn't photograph well. Diane won my gift and I brought it back home to label it for her.

Today I will spend my time cutting out a project for next weekend's retreat. And if I get that done, maybe I'll have some time left over to play.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home