Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go....

No, I'm not leavin' on a jet plane. But I am leaving for retreat in the morning. And my sewing stuff is all packed. Yep. That's all I'm taking. Believe it or not, there's 3 different projects included. This is my 14th year going on this particular retreat and I have the packing down to a science. I know what I will realistically need and if I forget something, somebody else will have it. I'll take my laptop with me, but I don't know if I'll have a connection to blog while I'm gone. I will take pictures and post when I get back if I can't make it work while I'm gone.

On another note - it was so warm this evening that we had the doors open. I heard the wind rustling the leaves and it sounded like rain. Surely not! We haven't really had any rain since October. I stepped out on the porch and sure enough - no rain. But I did smell smoke. I called Russ and Audrey out and they smelled it too. We checked our block and figured it was probably a good distance away and the wind was carrying the smell. Audrey, the junior adventurer, begged me to take her in the car to see if we could find the source. We drove west and north for a couple of miles, hanging our heads out the windows like golden retrievers, checking the smell of smoke. After about 20 minutes, we gave up and came on home. About a half hour ago, the city of McKinney sent a broadcast over the cable network telling residents that the fire is in OKLAHOMA (about 75 miles north) and NOT in McKinney! I figured it was probably north of town, but I had no clue it was THAT far north. This wildfire situation is very frightening. Perhaps all the people in Seattle could do some heavy meditation and send some of their rain down here.

Have a great weekend, and I'll check back when I can.

Susan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, have fun at retreat and lose the Texas Instruments box in the picture.......lol
Ruby in dusty, windy and dry Lubbock

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home