Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My New Best Friend Is....

Dr. Jason Hill. Yep, I finally broke down and went to a chiropractor yesterday. His office is in the same plaza as the shop, and I don't know why I procrastinated so long. After answering a lot of stupid questions on paperwork, X-rays, a back scan, and the massage table, Dr. Jason cracked my back and neck like a walnut! It was wonderful! I have to go back on Wednesday to discuss my X-rays. I haven't been under chiropractic care for over a year and I think my X-rays show that....we'll see what he has to say tomorrow. He just better not tell me to quit sewing! That's just not gonna happen. But I do feel much better today.

I also had to go to Office Max yesterday for printer paper. I usually shop at Office Depot because it's closer, but I had a $10 off coupon for Max. Since I hadn't spent any time there before, I just had to cruise the aisles. For me, an office supply store is almost as fun as a quilt shop. I was one of those kids who couldn't wait for the start of school each year because that meant new school supplies. Besides, it's good to know what products they carry that Depot doesn't, right? An informed shopper is a frugal shopper, right?

Guess what I found in the clearance area.... LIME GREEN index cards. For only $1. How could I say 'No'? Everybody needs lime green index cards! Okay - back to reality. If I have to have the index cards, what on earth am I going to use them for?

I have an idea! What if I catalogue my projects (including UFO's) on the cards and keep up with my progress - Like date started, needs borders (with measurements), needs backing, date completed, etc. I can shuffle the cards from the front to the back or in order of deadline or whatever in a way that you can't with pages in a journal. I'm thinking this plan just might work for me. We'll see.

Last night I completed another row of the zig zag quilt, made a label/sleeve for Diane's purple wallhanging and this morning I stitched 2 more signature blocks. Only 2 more to go. Woohoo!

I suppose I should actually work now.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home