Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Insanity Strikes Again



I was looking for another leader/ender project - you know - those little bits and pieces that you run through your machine when you're piecing something else. I had finished the zig zag quilt top that was my current leader/ender project. I looked in one of my drawers and found THIS. I started this over 5 years ago and there were 5 or 6 blocks already made and a handful of pieces cut out. It's from an old Trudie Hughes book (1992). Here's 4 blocks laid out on the floor. Each block measures 8" finished, making the little pieced blocks 4". Each piece in the little blocks is cut 1-1/2" square or 1-1/2" x 2-1/2". What is it with me and itty bitty pieces? Am I insane? Wait a minute - don't answer that. I only need 48 blocks to make a lap-sized quilt. Six down, 42 to go. I have a gazillion 1-1/2" squares and 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" pieces leftover from other insane projects that I can raid for this one. I must have gone through a "smaller is better" phase several years ago. I think I'm about over that.....but, if this clears out a drawer to make room for something else, then it's all good.

I finished piecing the center of my Amy Butler scrappy trips around the world. I must say, it didn't quite turn out like my mind's eye thought it would. I'll post a picture once I get borders on it.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home