Saturday, March 25, 2006

Okay. I told you that today was the day to begin cleaning up the back room of the store. This is what I faced yesterday - an 8' table loaded with stuff. I spent yesterday clearing off the table and moving things out of the way for Mr. Man to get busy today.


We now have clean shelves installed! I left him completely alone to do his thing - he's a great guy, but sometimes his "suggestions" aren't always practical. He's got to do his thing. His way. I think it turned out okay.


Now I'm left with this. I was just too tired to deal with it this afternoon. But I did cull out a bunch of sample quilts and we've priced them to sell in the store. There's still a bunch of stuff to sort throught, but I'll do that early next week.

I came home tonight and quilted and bound the Steamer Trunk Treasure sample. It's still a little "blendy", but I was using a specific fabric line and that's what flavor it is.

I guess tomorrow I need get crackin' again on the orchestra fundraiser quilt. It sounded like a good idea at the time when I volunteered for this. I'd much rather work on my red and white Twist and Shout, or punchneedle this really cute pattern that we got in this week, or play with fabric ala One-Block Wonders, or do any amount of other things. But, a commitment is a commitment and the sooner I get it done, the sooner I get to play with something else.


Here's a little something I pulled out of the handwork pile. I bought some rubber stamps for hand piecing at the Dallas Quilt Show last year and pulled a couple of fat packs out of my stash and began..... last year. It's been put away for quite some time now, and now I'm dragging it around to all those places where I have to wait. Maybe I'll finish it before NEXT year. But don't hold your breath. Sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat.

Susan

4 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

The new shelves look great. What a nice project for Mr. Man to do for you. The quilts look good, and I understand commitments. SOmetimes we say Yes before we realize what we are saying.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Shelves have a way of making organization easier! It looks great! Nice projects you have going on here in this post too.

Cheers!

Evelyn

2:29 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Your back room looks great, nice work by everyone! I love your little hexagons...sometimes a project just takes its time and we just have to enjoy the process, no matter how long it takes!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

love the hexs....and yay for Mr Man doing the shelving..you have to feel better about all the neatness.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home