Thursday, March 23, 2006

Quilt Show Photos - Part Deux

I've been spending the last couple of days trying to recover from being away from the office for 4 days as well as trying to catch up on some lost sleep.

As promised, more quilt show photos.


Another traditional quilt - hand appliqued and machine quilted. I've always been drawn to "red and green" applique quilts - I've got a Terry Thompson project started - I've finished 4 or 5 out of 9 blocks, but haven't worked on it for years. Perhaps I should drag it back out again...if I can find all the parts...




Our booth was set up directly across from this delightful house quilt. I stared at it for 3 days! The applique was machine-done, but done very well. What a bright and happy quilt! I don't normally 'go' for house blocks, but this one had me hooked.

I enjoyed this kaleidoscope quilt in plaids and "solids". I haven't made a kaleidoscope since 1998 - maybe it's time to do one again.





.







I particularly liked the piano key border made from tiny slivers of crosscut stripes. What movement! Being a stripe collector, this is way cool.




I have a handfull of photos left - stay tuned!

Susan

4 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

fun quilts..I like that piano key border too...

9:44 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Thanks fo rthe mimi quilt show! I too like the use of stripes in the kaliedoscope - especially the corners of the blocks. I have a similar feeling about house quilts - although I have one in me... but you know what I like about that one - the applique - especially around the corner stones! (I got my kitty pin cushion - THANKS!)

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos - wonderful quilts, great inspiration :-)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Thanks so much for all the quilty eye candy! I love the pieced border on that quilt too...how great!!

Bonnie

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home