Monday, March 06, 2006

The Molehill that Became a Mountain

Tonight I completed the logo block for the Cross Timbers Youth Orchestra donation quilt I am making for the big fundraiser in April.

This was one of those little "chores" that I have been putting off for weeks. I've been avoiding it because I wasn't sure if my mouth had been writing checks that my sewing skills couldn't cash! I wasn't completely sure how to go about executing it, but I finally just jumped in.

The staff lines were satin stitched and the lettering was fused and then machine blanket stitched. It looks really good on a galloping horse! But I have to remember my audience for this quilt - donors who don't sew or quilt and not quilt judges....

It's amazing how sitting down and tackling that one little chore you've been avoiding can give you such a huge sense of accomplishment. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to tasks that I view will be "unpleasant". I usually find out that I've created mountains out of molehills. Why do I keep doing this? I should know better by now.

Breathing a big sigh of relief......

Susan

PS to Judy L. - I called SBC today and it only took 15 minutes! Another mountain down....

3 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

Very nice. It looks good in a picture and they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I do believe we are to hard on ourselves much of the time.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Great job Susan, it looks very, very professional. I'm sure everyone will love it..*VBS*

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

well done and I am sure a big sigh of relief on your part Susan. I do the same thing-over think certain tasks that once you start are never as hard as you thought they would be...good for you!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home