Monday, March 13, 2006

Hello From Crazyland!

I have officially entered Crazy Land. The Dallas Quilt Show is only 4 days away. I have an employee on a church-sponsored trip to Israel. I am short on people, time, and patience. I have just worked 6 days in a row and am looking at working 8 or 9 more days in a row. Have I lost my mind? Probably.

Since I did have Sunday off, I cut out a sample quilt for the store using another Pat Speth pattern - "Steamer Trunk Treasure". Here's a picture of the pattern cover. I couldn't get much motivation to sew because it was so hot in the house yesterday - it was 86 degrees yesterday and we are reluctant to turn on the A/C this early. Today will only be in the low 70's so it will be tolerable again.

Russ and Audrey are on Spring Break this week. What's wrong with this picture?

Time to get ready for work. It'll be a long day since nobody picked up Diane's shift - and today is our late day at the store.

Susan (who's not really whining- well, maybe, just a little.....)

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Wish I could come to Texas and help you out! Too bad you have to work so hard when the rest of your family is able to enjoy some time off. Goodluck in getting everything done!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Sure wish I were there to help - can't imagine a better way to spend a few days!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

it does sound like crazyland...hang in there! I would have that a/c going myself-I just turn to mush in the heat *vbs*

9:28 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hang in there.and this is the time to stand in front of the mirror and remind yourself how EXCITED you were to open a quilt shop. There will be days like this, and even weeks and months sometimes, but you love it!!! Nothing ever goes according to plan, it seems.

The quilt you've cut out looks like it will be a fun one..*VBS*

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home