Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Photos Finally!

After a couple more attempts this morning, I finally got photos uploaded!




These are the cute little pincushions we had made to sell at the show. I gave Bonnie (not OUR Bonnie!) Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler scraps and she made ducks, chickens, bunnies, pigs and kitties. Aren't they adorable?



Here are 6 of the star blocks for the Steamer Trunk Treasure sample I'm working on. It's slow going this week - not only because of the show, but the pain in my upper shoulders only lets me sew for about an hour or so. Some of them have that "blendy" look - hopefully the alternate cross block will help each star stand out a little better.

Now, hanging out with the Maverick bunch and the Stashbuster bunch has me doing something I normally wouldn't do.....I'm sewing that extra seam when making the flying geese segment for the stars and making tiny triangle units out of the waste. These little broken dishes blocks will finish at 2-1/2". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I do know that if I don't sew them now, they will go into a pile never to be seen again.

Time for a shower and off to work!

Susan

9 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

Love the little pin cushions - how cute! I'd certainly buy one if I were there. I'm glad you used the little scrap triangles because the broken dishes blocks will make a great mini quilt. Those florals make me think of spring. I like the star blocks also - I think a quilt is improved when some of the blocks have a "blendy" look. It makes the viewer look longer to figure out just what the design is.

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

OOOOH I want one of those kitty pin cushions! I love the way some of the stars are low contrast. My idea for the broken dishes... just sew them all together and make a table mat...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Yeah for maverickness and no waste flying geese triangles!
And your animal pin cushions are adorable!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Susan, the pincushions are just as cute as can be...they look much like that Nowegian chicken pattern that was around a few years back..*S*

The stars look wonderful as you make them, and I love the little left over bits joined up..they would make a cute doll quilt. So happy you are seeing Dr. Jason and hopefully your back ad the pinched nerve will be all better for the big quilt show..*VBS*

9:45 PM  
Blogger Wasie said...

Susan--LOVE the pincushions!! I can't wait to see them at the show!! Oh, and I finally did get my king size diamond mine top together. Now all it needs is a border. But it still looks great laying out on my bed without it! --Wasie

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

so fun Susan. I am doing the same with my left over triangles. I hope I can post them tomorrow after taking a picture. Fun to see yours. and I LOVE THEM !! just as your stars :c)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pincushions are so cute! Stars are gorgeous and the little broken dishes are cute! I've started doing this too, although I haven't joined any together yet - must do that because then the work is half don when we decide what to do with them LOL.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Weeee!! These are fun! I love the litle broken dishes blocks made from the "bonus" squares! The star blocks and pincushions are great too!

Bonnie

6:41 AM  
Blogger May Britt said...

Love your cute little pincusions. Is the pattern available somwhere. This would be fun gifts for my frinds.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home