String Top Done!
I finished another one today! This is the string top that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.
I knew that if I didn't go ahead and quilt it, it would be forever lost in the UFO pile.
It was fun to make - and every piece of it came from the stash. But, I think I'm done with strings for a while!
It was a lovely day today. The temperature was around 70 - we had the screen doors open all day. This morning I looked at the flower beds in the front and noticed that a daffodil was almost ready to bloom. By this afternoon, this happy little face was shining bright! I guess spring really is just around the corner - I'm going to have to set aside some time to begin cleaning out the flower beds soon.
I began working on the logo block for the orchestra donation quilt tonight, but the gremlins are back in my TV in the studio so I'm watching the Oscars upstairs and talking to you.
On the orchestra front, Audrey participated in a solo fest yesterday where she had to play a piece of music for a judge. She got a "Superior" rating and a medal! All that parental badgering about practice paid off! But, if I don't hear "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" for a long time, it'll be okay....
Have a great night,