Sunday, March 05, 2006

String Top Done!

I finished another one today! This is the string top that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.

I knew that if I didn't go ahead and quilt it, it would be forever lost in the UFO pile.

It was fun to make - and every piece of it came from the stash. But, I think I'm done with strings for a while!





It was a lovely day today. The temperature was around 70 - we had the screen doors open all day. This morning I looked at the flower beds in the front and noticed that a daffodil was almost ready to bloom. By this afternoon, this happy little face was shining bright! I guess spring really is just around the corner - I'm going to have to set aside some time to begin cleaning out the flower beds soon.

I began working on the logo block for the orchestra donation quilt tonight, but the gremlins are back in my TV in the studio so I'm watching the Oscars upstairs and talking to you.

On the orchestra front, Audrey participated in a solo fest yesterday where she had to play a piece of music for a judge. She got a "Superior" rating and a medal! All that parental badgering about practice paid off! But, if I don't hear "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" for a long time, it'll be okay....

Have a great night,
Susan

11 Comments:

Blogger Linda (Petey) said...

Greetings from Iowa,
Just love those beautiful yellow flowers saying spring is on the way...finally! My husband just returned from Canton, TX for 'First Monday Trading Days'. He went mostly to thaw out and enjoy your warm weather. Hated to get home where we were having freezing rain. However, glad to have moisture in any form... it is very dry here.
And your quilt...how colorful and beautiful...and so many strings! And time to have a shop as well? Oh, my!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Neat quilt Susan! Quilted and bound even - well done!

I bet you're very proud of your daughter!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love the string quilt - you even pieced the border. I'm sure it was lots of work but it looks great.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love the string quilt so much. it makes me feel I will start also one :c)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love the string quilt so much. it makes me feel I will start also one :c)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the string pieced quilt! It is really bright and cheery!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Great job on the quilt! I never get tired of string quilts, love seeing what little bits go into them, and are out of the scrap bin and saved from the trash!

The red is a good color to set it off with.love it!

Bonnie

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your string quilt is gorgeous - I just LOVE the red sashings! The more I see of string quilts the more I like them - great job :-)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Very strong happy string quilt. The red was perfect for the lattice, and I love the string borders...*VBS*

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that string quilt is magnificent!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Darcie said...

Love the rhyme and reason with your string quilt. Mine (over at my blog) is very...ummm...noisey?

I'm going to a retreat this weekend that is being hosted by my sister and her quilt shop. I'm thinking about some string projects. I love not having to think a whole lot while piecing them.

Lovely little flower!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home