Monday, April 10, 2006

A Good Day Gardening

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day here in North Texas. It was about 80 degrees with no wind - just perfect for gardening! I had lots of things on my to-do list and I got most of them done before dark.



Here's a shot of Casa Allen from across the street. Pardon the shadows - it was about 8:00 this morning and the sun was very strong in the east.

I know it's kind of hard to see everything, but we've worked really hard over the last couple of years to put in landscaping.


This is an old iron washpot that we bought off our next-door neighbor last year. It's been sitting in the flower bed waiting to be planted - but Russ needed to drill some drain holes in it first. Got the holes done and then planted with 2 clematis vines (one spring-flowering, the other fall-flowering) and herbs.



This was an idea stolen from my good friend Beckye's yard. There's a piece of rebar with a base and all the buckets (with appropriate holes drilled in them) are slipped onto the bar. And yes, there are 2 minnow buckets included. I've been collecting all this stuff for a couple of years. By the time I got to this project, the rest of the family was sitting in the shade watching. That's okay. I wanted to get it done and now it is. Again, I apologize for the shadow, but it faces early morning sun.

I suppose I should get to work on my store's newletter....yuk. But it's got to be done...

Later,
Susan

13 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That stacked pot planter idea is just brilliant! I just love it. I'll have to steal it for myself! :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Quiltgranny said...

I love the bucket planter. I have to show my hubby so he will know what we need to make it. I have just the perfect spot for it, too! Hmmm, now to find a BIG un for the base!! Thanks for sharing your morning pix with us!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I just love your house and the way the shadows cast across the porch! What a wonderful place to come home to!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

I am not a gardener - but I LOVE that watering can and buckets thing you made! That is so cool! Hmmm, wonder if I could get my husband to make that for me????

8:35 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Susan what a lovely home you have! Thanks for sharing it with us.

11:26 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I also love the bucket stack!

Neat idea to use up buckets and containers with holes in them.

What did you plant in them?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Great pictures Susan, love the stack of buckets...*VBS*

3:29 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

great gardening ideas Susan!

7:26 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Love the planters!!What cute ideas.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love your house! It reminds me of our old yellow house in Indiana. I have told hubby numerous times that I would love to build a new version of this style of house.

Cute planters too!

Sarah

9:26 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

All your hard work has paid off because your place looks awesome! Love the plant holders - all of them. What great ideas.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The garden looks fabulous and I love the bucket tower!

4:33 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Wow, I love the practical lawn art!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home