Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm In Love...


....with a new fabric line we got last week by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit fabrics. It's called Flea Market Fancy and it is so retro-ugly that it is FABULOUS!











Denyse has a website and here are a few of her quilts - and she gets BIG BUCKs for them.





Are these quilts totally Maverick or what? I may just need to order her book.

I started piecing a Buggy Barn pattern with the new fabrics on Wednesday - the blocks are finished, but I need to finish piecing the red and white Twist and Shout blocks and get them off the design wall before I can set the newest set of blocks (did that make any sense whatsoever?).

Hope you all had a great Easter Sunday - I spent the majority of it working in the flower beds again. I'm proud to announce that all the plants I have purchased in the last couple of weeks have been actually been planted - and I don't think I killed anything in the process. Always a good thing!

8 Comments:

Blogger Quiltgranny said...

Wow oh Wow! I love how graphic they are!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have seen Denyse and her quilts in a magazine article at some time. Her fabrics look neat, they kind of remind me of Amy Butler's fabric line.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Ohhh the stripquilt is so great!! And yes it is indeed a fun fabricline

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her book is awesome inspiration, but not a lot of actual quilts- many other projects. And, lots of... templates! It's fun though!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, these are fun maverick quilts. Not sure I would make any like it - but a lot of fun to look at!

8:00 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I saw that fabric in NYC at the tiniest quilt shop ever! It really is amazing what she gets for her quilts... (BTW IMHO The book seems to be too planned where her quilts see more random... Ya know?)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Hello, I just found your blog -- but I found DS' book last year at the Museum of Fine Arts/Boston when I went down to see the Quilts of Gee's Bend. At that time, I hadn't heard of her; now, she is everywhere I look. However, I had no idea there was a line of fabric, too. I like what I see from your photo -- now to find a source for purchase....Pat

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!
Susan, you're carrying these, right?
Hmm...mmm... cool.

Ragmop/Sandy

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home