Thursday, July 06, 2006

How Was Your 4th?

Mine was great.......it RAINED! We are in a serious drought here in North Texas and any rain is welcomed - whatever the day.

I got up early and quilted a sample for the shop made by Diane. It's "All About Me", a new pattern by Terri Atkinson. We used Phillip Jacobs prints and P&B solids. I thinks it's pretty cute. I trimmed it yesterday and today I need to put the binding on. I also did a little laundry, cleaned a little house, made a casserole, and had a fairly productive day!

Last night and today I made 3 nightshirts out of batik. My old jammies were getting pretty ragged so I had to get busy. I figure by making 3 at one time I could be good for a couple of years. Making clothes is not my idea of a good time, but I do it occasionally.

Back to binding,
Susan

12 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

This is a cute pattern! I like the majority of Terri Atkinson's patterns, especially for a child's quilt.

2:10 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohhh, new jammies!

Are you going to model them for us when you get them finished?

4:36 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

what a lovely quilt pattern.... And batik jammies sound decadent. Have you made matching pillowcases?

7:14 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

lovely quilt! Simple yet effective, great choice for novelties or fussy cuts!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

That is one fun quilt - I love the fabric choices.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

I really like the color in this quilt!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

This is cute. A great way to showcase those fun fabrics.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

This is a nice pattern. I'll have to check my LQS to see if they have it. I've been drawn lately to the Kaffee Fasset fabrics and think this would be a great pattern to showcase them.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this sample- always a treat to come visit your blog :-)

12:51 PM  
Blogger dgolden said...

Fun vibrant quilt - just the way I like them!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

That is one amazing quilt! I love the colours, the pattern is just perfect so you don't chop up the lovely prints so much!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great quilt pattern to showcase some fun fabrics! Store samples are wonderful because they do help give people like me a clue as what can be done with some of these newer lines! So used to the calicos... but I've been branching out a bit.

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home