Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ft. Worth Quilt Show - The Last Batch

I don't know what happened to the blog over the last few days - a few friends alerted me to the problem and it seems that publishing the little test message below brought it all back. Anyway, here's the last few shots I took at the Ft. Worth quilt show.

I liked this one because it was all pieced. I admire the tenacity of the maker to get all these odd-shaped pieces to FIT together! Plus, the optical illusion aspect was pretty cool too.


Russ wanted me to take a picture of this one. It's very brown (and doesn't translate well digitally), but it was very Texas-themed and he liked it a lot.
There was a special members exhibit - the theme was to take a country song and translate it into a quilt. I really liked this interpretation of Buck Owen's "Act Naturally". The film strip has photo transfers of famous "cowboy" actors.
And finally, I'm a sucker for quilts using Kaffe Fassett stripes. Simple piecing - striking result.

My life is absolutely CRAZY right now. September has been a very active month at the shop - wth a major event each weekend. I'm very close to reaching burnout and my house looks like a tornado has been through it (....even worse than normal!). I haven't really sewn much in the last few weeks - I've been puttering with the Quilt Pink blocks that have been turned in at the shop. About half of them are too small to fit into the setting design I picked, so now I have to come up with an alternate plan of how to set them. Ugh!

I am DESPERATELY wanting to sew on something FUN - not just because I HAVE to. But my sewing room looks like the tornado stayed for a while. Perhaps I can take some time this week and do some cleaning/straightening and become more motivated to spend time in there.

I took some photos from the Plano Balloon Fest (which was pretty much a total bust due to windy weather) on Sunday, and I'll do my best to post them in the next day or so.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Texas quilt too! something about the monochromatic/pictoral/non-block-ness of it all...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Superstitchious said...

we're doing the quilt pink thing at work too, i've been trying to emphasize the 12.5 square size, i dont want to have to redo or add to a bunch of squares!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. Always nice to have some eye candy with breakfast. I like the brown one the best.
So sorry things are so hectic for you. Make the time to relax and breathe, and just take things one step at a time.

7:08 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Wow, some really nice quilts from the show you attended! I think I like that Texas themed one the best. :)

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home