Friday, September 01, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone

This is how I spent my week. I had a sample that I HAD to make for an event, and I was behind on my schedule due to holdups on fabric delivery.

I started this quilt at 7pm on Monday night, and put the last stitch on the binding at 9:30 this morning (Friday). And yes, I did go to work this week too.

I don't even want to LOOK at my sewing machine for a few days.....but the quilt did turn out kinda purty....

Tonya, I feel your pain with cats and backing fabric. Here's Merle impeding the ironing process. He was quite content with his tent thing.

You gotta love 'em.


We're running away for the Labor Day weekend. I may sleep for two days straight.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

What a beautiful quilt! Can't believe you did it in a week!

12:52 AM  
Blogger dot said...

Love the quilt. You certainly were a slave to the machine and deserve a break away from everything. I really like the quilt.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Too bad that the delay in fabric delivery put you down to the wire to get this done. Those pieces look fairly small - I can't believe you got it done in time - you must have been super focused. It looks great!

Cheers!

Evelyn

6:35 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Does this pattern have a name or are you calling it, "Nose to the Grindstone"? *VBS*

8:37 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

The quilt is just beautiful! I can't believe how quickly you got it done. Have a wonderful getaway!

9:22 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Great quilt!

And I like the way your assistant picked a backing that matches his fur colors. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

The quilt is beautiful, but I can understand why you have no desire to sew for a few days! Love Merle, and his camouflage fabric. =)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

quilt turned out great. My Lily tends to sit on top of the fabric, not just let it drape artfully over the top of her. Definitely makes it hard to shift the fabric that way.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect you were sewing late into the nights on this wonderful confetti quilt - VERY much worth the effort. I love it :-)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home