Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me

Sunday was my birthday. It started off with a booming thunderstorm around 5:30 am. What a welcome sound!

My family wanted to do something for my birthday - even tho staying home would have been just fine. So, I decided they could take me to the Fort Worth quilt show. I've never been. So, we headed off in the rain. The show was small (in comparison to the Dallas show) but there were some great quilts. It sure was nice to attend a show as a tourist and not as a vendor! I took quite a few pictures and will share them over the next few days.




This was the best of show quilt. It was hand appliqued and is a true charm quilt. Every piece of green and red is different!


And - it was quilted within an inch of its life.....yes, ALL of the background was stipple quilted....by HAND.

This quilt was a lovely study in reproduction fabrics and blocks. Each block measures 6".

I liked this one because of the Kaffe Fassett fabrics and the simplicity of the piecing. I just wish the camera had captured it better.


I was really drawn to this one because of the 2 fabrics and the effect of the reverse applique. How simple but how intriguing.

That's it for now - more photos later!


7 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

what a lovely b'day present... I too am drawn to the reverse applique. Very interesting design idea.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Sounds like a nice birthday poke - happy birthday!

Cheers!

Evelyn

11:26 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

Happy birthday, and thank you for sharing these photos with us. Beautiful quilts

11:44 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Happy Birthday for Sunday! What a lovely way to spend your special day. Thank you so much for sharing the eye candy!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

4:32 AM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Happy birthday :) What a nice way to spend it :) xoxo melzie

11:45 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Happy birthday to you, Susan. Even though it is belated, I give you permission to celebrate again today!
And for your birthday you gave us a gift of these beautiful eye candy. That first one is so incredibly intricate. That is a lot of work! And it must have taken a lot of planning / shopping to get colors that were in the controlled color scheme.
All of the quilts you shared were great, but the first one was my favorite.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love the spectacular charm quilt! Thanks for sharing all the beauties with us and a belated Happy Birthday to you!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home