Friday, September 14, 2007

Toe Update

Many of you kind folks have asked about my toe - so I'll update you on that.

Last Thursday, I realized that it was probably on its way to a raging infection. The consensus at the shop was that I should probably get a doctor to look at it. Called the podiatrist and got an appointment that morning.

Well, you can guess where this is heading. The toenail had to go. NOW. "But doctor, Shop Hop started this morning! I have 40 hours to go before Monday!". "That's too bad. Now you'll just feel a stick and a sting...."

Needless to say, I spent the majority of Shop Hop on Darvocet. It was interesting, to say the least. And yes, Merle is still a favored pet in our house. He can't help it if he's a big lazy lump. He was born that way.

Things are much better now (down to just a single band-aid), but it will take a year for my toenail to grow back. A YEAR, people! Thank goodness shoes-and-socks weather is just around the corner.

I have quilty things to share with you, but my camera cord decided to take a little vacation and forgot to tell me where it went. Hopefully, it will reappear very soon!

7 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

OUCH! DH had to have his big toenail removed- but in his case they did it so it would be permenant. Not a fun process. Baby yourself for a while.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad you got your toe taken care of. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Did you get the "hello" I sent to you on Wednesday? I called your store and ordered some charm packs of the new Denyse Schmidt fabric. Gonna make a baby quilt for a nephew who is due to arrive in November. Better get busy! Anyway - I told the person who answered the phone to tell you hi from the disorganized quilter!

By the way - I was picking up my son's room this afternoon and had to pick up the Denyse Schmidt quilt you sent me. Just want to let you know - I still LOVE it! And I guess my son does too!

Feel better soon!

Sarah

6:19 PM  
Blogger Wasie said...

I lost both of my big toenails from hiking in the grand canyon. Yucky, huh! Well, they didn't take a year to grow back! Just a couple of months. So maybe yours won't take so long either. In the meantime, sit back and put your feet up and catch up on a good book or two! :0)

6:23 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

I am so sorry for your toe!! Hope it is better soon. My DH's great toe is black as well from walking in too short shoes too long!! They are to be donated forthwith...

Juliekquilts

8:17 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

Ouchie!! I lost a toenail once, too... it did take forever to grow back. Wasn't too pretty for that time.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Thats a big ouch!

6:02 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Just how different does fabric look while you are on Davocet?! You could come up with some wild combinations!!! Glad you got the toe taken care of.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home