Thursday, July 31, 2008

What I Was Trying to Do

Sarah N. asked what I was trying to make before I was a doofus and cut off the zipper head. Well, last week I made this bag for the Roadshow - Farmer's Market Tote" from Let's Do Lunch by Terri Atkinson. Fabric line is "Farmer's Market" by Sandi Henderson....how appropriate, huh?
Inside the bag is a zippered pocket and a key hook.


I was trying to make the demonstration step-out, all the while thinking, "I need to make sure to tell them to be careful not to cut off the zipper head." Seriously, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking as I cut the darn thing off!


Here's a laundry bag sample I sewed together last weekend. It's Fig Tree Quilts "Easiest Accessory Bags Ever" and made from "Garden Party" by Anna Maria Horner. This photo shows that each side features a different fabric with a common bottom. Can you tell I'm obsessed with this fabric line?
I must now return my attention to So You Think You Can Dance. Go Joshua! 4 Real.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Been there, done that. The bag turned out great though, I assume after some zipper ripping out. Love the laundry bag too. I thought it was two bags at first. It's like two fro the price of one.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Posy Lane said...

Wow that is some fantastic work!

I just happened to run across your blog and thought I'd say hi. My wife and I own Posy Lane in downtown McKinney.

www.posylane.com

7:34 PM  
Blogger MightyMom said...

well, it's nice to know that even the all powerful quiltshop owner makes this type of mistake too!! :-)

oh, I stopped by for some fabric therapy the other day to cure my hoarse throat....guess what...IT WORKED!!

I must stop by there more often to prevent such atrocious upsets to my sewing life!

oh, and the non-braces look fabulous!!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home