Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two in a Row

Holy cow....Two posts in a row. How was your weekend? Mine turned out great. I did finish the quilt on the longarm and bound this morning before church. This is "Tangerine Dreams". It uses our precut strips that we sell in the store (Orange Happy Strips) plus Sandy Gervais' "Fresh Squeezed" fabrics by Moda for the centers and the borders and binding. The pattern is "King's Ransom" by 4th & 6th Designs. It was a lot of fun to make and is brighter orange in real life

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. After church and lunch and grocery shopping, I took a 3 hour nap. While napping, a strong, handsome man shoveled almost 2 yards of compost into my front flower bed. All I had to do this afternoon is plant! How wonderful is that? I have a few more things to put into containers, and I think I'll get that done tomorrow night. The last load of laundry is in the dryer and it's finale night on Survivor.

A quilt finish, a nap, gardening, laundry complete and Survivor. What more could a girl want?

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love the orange quilt! Looks like a really easy pattern.

Glad you had a great mother's day! I think that we mother's should be spoiled more often!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your Tangerine quilt looks like it was really fun to make. Love the fabrics, too. Thanks for sharing.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

So pretty! I love the pattern, and the colors.

5:24 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like the most productive day in blog-dom! Love the border fabric on your tangerine quilt.

6:50 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Very pretty oranges! I just have to get up to your shop...one hour north of me!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Malagueta said...

Wow, great oranges. It's odd how colors fall in and out of favor. Orange is so hot (pardon the pun) right now, and your quilt is beautiful.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Lynn Dykstra said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors and it is so good to see so many good orange fabrics coming out.
This quilt is beautiful.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Very pretty quilt! I'm not usually much of a fan of orange, but I really like your quilt.

8:18 PM  
Blogger The Faris Family said...

ooooh, pretty! Love the colors!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home