Sunday, February 03, 2008

I Repent!

I swear on a stack of bibles that I will never throw scraps in a corner for over 2 years without cutting them down....that is, if I EVER finish cutting down the current pile.

I feel like I've been cutting forever.

The upside is that I've cut out 4 different quilts. Here's a bin with all the pieces (except sashing) for Bonnie's "Boxy Stars".



Here's a bin with pieces for "Crayon Box" blocks.



Oops. Make that MORE "Crayon Box" blocks. I've already made one top.



Here's a pile of "Honecomb" blocks ready for leaders/enders.

Here's a pile of strips for Bonnie's "Bargello-Bowl" challenge.



Yep. Got that put together today. (Sorry, can't resiste a challenge!) It still needs borders, but the closet with yardage has a full size box springs and mattress in it at the moment. Makes it kind of hard to rootle for the right piece of fabric.


And here's the 2-1/2" strip bin. It's still full.



But the corner is looking better. The cardboard box is almost empty (just a few books and magazines - no fabric) and the blue bin is really only about half-full... it just looks full because I dug through it looking for something and it's "fluffed".


I AM making progress. It's just boring as all get-out.







6 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

Bonnie's scrap user/crumbs system is addictive. I've got a pile of crumbs on my table at the moment and am working through it. I forgot about the Crayon Box!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just went digging for some fabric the other day and decided I need to go through the stash and pull out anything less than half a yard. Need to cut it down and do something with it. You have inspired me to get busy!!

Sarah N.

6:12 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Love your bargello!! and your hard work will pay off with some fun quilting time without having to cut out!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Val said...

You are very smart. I wish I was that organized. Thanks for sharing. I love your quilts and your blog!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

Congratulations on getting all that organizing done. And I love your bargello!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

You look pretty organized to me! Love the crayon box quilt top and your strips look so nice and neat in their
drawers.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home