Friday, July 25, 2008

A Dilemma

I have a dilemma. (You need to read this with all the southern inflection I can give it.....pronounce it "die-LEM-a").

I have SERIOUSLY fallen off the blogging wagon.....have you noticed? And once I fell off, it has been oh-so-hard to get back on. I mean, where do I start? Quilt Market? End of school? The wedding of my step-daughter, the trip to Vegas, the Market Review Party, Audrey's orchestra camp, or the many other various and sundry details of the last 2 months? If it's any consolation, I write blog entries in my head every day, and before I know it, it's 11pm and time for bed.

So, do I back-track or just pick up where I am right now?

For now, I'll just start with current events.

The shop is hosting the Minnesota Road Show in early August. This is a teaching trunk show put together by 4 Minnesota quilt artists: Terry Atkinson of Atkinson Designs, Debbie Bowles of Maple Island Quilts, Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures, and Linda Hohag of Brandywine Design. We will get a box of their samples and I will do a lecture presentation of specfic techniques. SO.....in order to get it "right", I need to make a sample of their samples. Did you follow that? Anyway, I have been sewing furiously the past couple of weeks to get ready.

This is a sample from "The Sweet Life" by Anka's Treasures and features cutting template-free diamonds using Layer Cake squares.


And this one is "Bent Pieces" from Maple Island Quilts using Debbie's innovative curved piecing technique. And this is the tote bag I made for Audrey to take to orchestra camp using Timeless Treasures' "Taxi" fabrics.
I have to brag on Audrey now. She went to camp at the University of Texas-Arlington last week. She completely volunteered to go even tho she wouldn't know a soul there. She auditioned for the 7th-8th grade orchestras but was placed in the next level orchestra -with high school kids. AND she was awarded 1st chair in the 2nd violin section! AND she won a scholarship award as outstanding section leader! We were all so pleasantly shocked and surprised. I must say it is so rewarding as a parent to see your child blossom and grow into a confident young lady. YOU ROCK, Audrey!

And I pinky swear to try to blog more often.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! It is tough to do it all when life comes at you so fast and furious. Yes indeed, your young lady ROCKS!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home