Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's Official

Well, yes, I am a bad blogger. And I could list out all of the reasons why I haven't blogged in so long, but it would just sound like a bunch of whining and excuses here in Crazyville. You all have real lives. You know how real life can intrude on all your fun. But that's not what's so official. Having a bona-fide TEENAGER in the house is official. Nevermind that she's been acting like a teenager for some time now. Now, it's OFFICIAL. Nevermind that we've been kind of celebrating said birthday for a couple of weeks now...(having your birthday fall on or near Mother's Day really sucks when you want to do something fun with other kids). How much longer until she can drive herself somewhere? Three more years? Will I live that long?


Moving on. It's really, truly spring here in North Texas. And spring means gardening. And the bulk of the gardening has to be done before Spring Market (which is next week) because when I get back it's going to be balls-to-the wall sample sewing. Ay-yi-yi. But I just can't resist. I spent Thursday with one of my dearest friends (who I hadn't seen in FOREVER) at a local garden center. I swear - we touched every plant out there. I came home with lots of plants - more than you see here on the table. It's my goal to get them all in the ground this weekend. Yeah, sure. It's good to have goals, right? I've had 3 yards of compost piled up on my lawn for several weeks now, and rumor has it my DH is working it into the beds this afternoon. We'll see how that is when I get home. Anyhoo...Mr. Merle is our gardening cat and he just had to lounge on the table with the new plants. He's also Mr. Nosybutt, and has to investigate anything new in his world. I'd suggest you don't park in my driveway with the windows down. Unless you really like orange cat hair. Just sayin'.


After my friend left on Thursday afternoon, I went to another local garden center here in town. I got a really good deal on this potted Black-eyed Susan Vine. I think I'll put a few bamboo poles in it and let it go to town. I also stopped into the Mexican pottery place and purchased this really cool strawberry pot - can you say "Happy Mother's Day" to me? I plan to put moss rose in it. I'm really out of control this time of year. Then it will get hot and I will be much less motivated.


And finally, here's a "really stupid things you see while you're in your car" item ala Crazy Aunt Purl. I was sitting in the Chik-Fil-A drive-thru last night and the car in front of me had this chihuahua bouncing around in the car and sitting in the back window barking like mad at everthing that drove by. How annoying would that be? Where's that dog's seat belt? How do you drive with a dog racing around the car? Am I missing something here? Maybe it's not so odd....maybe it's just me.

There has been a little bit of sewing at Chez Crazy lately, but quite frankly, I don't remember what it was. I do have a quilt on the Gammill right now. The grand master plan is to have it quilted and bound by tomorrow night. Unless a man with a tiller shows up. Then who knows.



2 Comments:

Blogger Carol E. said...

Life is full. Nice you could come back to blogland. I know driving the kids around gets crazy, but it's a great opportunity to listen to what they talk about. AFter they start driving, you'll miss that. And then you have a whole new set of worries. First things first.. happy managing-teen-years to you!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm right there with ya sister!! I have twins, they are 14..... for the most part they aren't too much of a pain...... they saw everything their now 22 year old sister tried to pull LOL Take a deep breath and count to 10 .... you'll make it.

Hugs!!
nancy

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home