Saturday, December 31, 2005

Airing the Dirty Laundry

I did finish the quilting and binding on this block swap quilt from this past year. We do 4 swaps a year at the store, and this is the only one I played in 2005. (We won't talk about the blocks in boxes from 2003 & 2004...) It's hard to see, but all the blocks used Kaffe Fassett fabrics. This quilt will be used as a secondary sample for our beginning quilting class.



Tonight is New Year's Eve. Audrey is spending the night with a friend and will be attending an African-American church service. That will be a new experience for her and I'm sure she will enjoy it. Russ has a gig. Where does that leave me? Home alone. How wonderful for me!

I took pictures last night of my sewing room. I should be embarrassed. It is an absolute disaster and speaks to to how I'd rather be "doing" than cleaning up after myself. I have many challenges ahead in here in 2006 - cleaning out, reorganizing, and finishing some old projects. I don't think that I can do it all in the 36 hours I have this weekend, so I'll start with some cleaning chores first. My hope is that by showing these photos to the world, I will be compelled to do something about it and do it right.

My sewing machine faces the front porch so I can watch what's going on in the 'hood. Conversely, the 'hood can watch me. I'm known locally as the crazy lady who sews in the window.

Stuff in the floor....
One of Mommy's little helpers. She knocks a lot of stuff off onto the floor.
See?

More stuff.


The overflowing bookcase.


The corner with the bookcase.

Leftover batting and fabric dyeing supplies.

Pathetic, isn't it. I know this won't be a quick fix or a short process. But I will get started tonight.
I hope you all get to celebrate this evening is a way that makes you happy. I hope the morons in North Texas leave the fireworks alone and nobody loses their home or property due to fire. I hope the best for us all in 2006.....
Susan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but what a wonderful sewing room with all those goodies! If you need some help getting it cleaned up and organized, I'm sure I could squeeze in some time somewhere -- it would be a treat to fondle so much fabric, and might motivate me to get my own better organized! I should be sewing but I have to get all the 2005 records and receipts, etc. off the dining room table. I'm thinking most of it is going through the shredder!

Happy New Year!

Katie McClellan

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home