Saturday, January 21, 2006

Plotting and Planning

I spent yesterday actually doing some planning on all those things that I've swept under the rug. It's time to start thinking about what I'm going to take to the Dallas Quilt Show. I know we

are going to take our Kaffe Fassett fabrics, but we need to make some new samples. I wandered around the shop looking for just the right patterns and realized - everything old is new again, right? It's time to reinvent! This quilt (Magic Lanterns) sits on Russell's chair upstairs. I made it 3 or 4 years ago out of batiks using the Creative Grids 60 degree ruler. It looks complicated but is really very easy. I spent last night with EQ5 (a tool with which I am barely functional) and drafted the pattern. I may be on to something! The wheels of creativity are somewhat rolling again - it's amazing what panic and a deadline will do for ya...

Watched "The Usual Suspects" with Kevin Spacey last night. It was a little hard to follow (it didn't help that we had to keep starting and stopping the movie because of interruptions) but it had one of those "Aha" endings that we like.

Time to take a shower and get ready for work...

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home