Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Real Finish



I really finished this one. Quilting and binding done and all. Sorry for the funky photo - it was being held up by 2 10yo girls - the quilt is taller than they are.

Not only is this a UFO finish, but I used 5 yards of stash on the back. Now to get it washed and into Diane's hands.

I worked on a test block for the Magic Lanterns pattern and then I began putting borders on the Amy Butler quilt. But the ironing board was occupied by both Sophie and Merle, so I just gave up.

Guess what? I got an e-mail from Judy L. - she's got a blog on the Maverick Quilters blog ring. Somehow or other, she ran across this space and sent me a comment. How cool is that? Maybe some day this blog will be considered "Maverick" enough to join the ring. We chatted last night via e-mail - both of us were up WAY too late!

It's actually raining today. We haven't had any measurable rain in over 30 days. I guess I need to get moving and get dressed. I've already watched one movie this morning ("Rory O'Shea Was Here") and caught the end of Bridget Jones Diary 2 - I love that movie; especially when Hugh Grant and Collin Firth fight in the fountain. There's a class at the shop today that I have to open up for. Maybe I can finish my borders today - I guess I'll just have to lock the cats out and listen to them whine. But I'm not getting anything done sitting here. Later!

Susan

3 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Hmmm . . that Judy L. spends way too much time on the computer! :)

Is the background on this quilt one fabric or is it all pieced? I like that quilt a lot. How did you quilt it?

Judy

8:20 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

To answer both questions - I am truly a Maverick when it comes to washing quilts. I throw them in the washer with regular liquid detergent and dry them in the dryer. I make quilts to USE.

The background fabric was on old Paula Nadelstern fabric - I think Benartex made it. I went the easy way out on the quilting - I just echoed the zig-zags freehand across the quilt.

10:18 PM  
Blogger the Drunken Housewife said...

I love this one!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home