Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Performing Arts Weekend


Not much sewing going on around here this weekend. Instead, it was a very "performing arts" couple of days. Saturday night, Russ had a gig so Audrey and I were on our own. We decided to go to one of the local high school's productions of "Seussical, The Musical". We got turned on to this because a friend of mine (and Audrey's violin private instructor) was playing in the pit. I wasn't so sure I would care for it, but it was wonderful! We both thoroughly enjoyed it. The quality of this high school show was outstanding.

Today Audrey and I went to the McKinney Children's Theatre production of The Sound of Music. Audrey has a friend in the cast and I am friends with her mother, so we got comp tickets. After last night's show, this one seemed kind of flat. But, when you think about it, it's like comparing apples to oranges. I have to remember that this was put on by children ages 6 to 17, in a small non-professional theatre with only a piano instead of a full orchestra. I give a hearty kudos to all the kiddos who had the guts and determination to put the time into this production.

We got home in time to watch the Super Bowl. Okay, was it just me, or did Mick Jagger sound like Elmer Fudd during the half-time show? "And I twied, and I twied, and I twied...." I wasn't terribly impressed.


Here's a photo of my most recent leaders/enders project. Didn't get a chance to dig for borders yet.











I started digging in my bucket of 1-1/2" by 3-1/2" strips. I have a kajillion of these things. I have already pieced blocks for a full sized quilt out of this bucket. I could probably piece several more.

What I did was started making braids. I figure each braid will trim down to 4" wide finished. Twelve braids 60" long will make a top 48" wide. I'm thinking this is gonna be a long-term project.....


Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home