Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Something New, Something Old



Look what I got in the mail on Friday! An invitation to a presentation by Quilt Sampler magazine at Quilt Market.

Didja notice the quilt on the cover?


It's OURS! Woo Hoo! Who'da thunk? Only two more weeks until release ..... wonder what my life is going to be like after that?



Took the day off Saturday and got the family up early to do a little housecleaning. Now, remember, this is not my favorite gig. Doesn't happen very often, and I'm sure not going to do it all by myself when everybody else contributes to the mess.

Started excavating my hall and sorted through a pile of quilts. Found this quilt - definitely my oldest UFO. I bought the top at Canton and began hand quilting it about 15 years ago. It's probably half done - and I have worked on it again the last two evenings. Perhaps I'll get it finished in 2006. Wonder if I can find the fabric I purchased for binding?

The orchestra gala was Saturday night and I got kinda screwed with the signature quilt. I'm still a little bit upset, and won't get into it until I calm down. Let's just say I probably won't do it again next year.

Gotta run - we have a Shop Hop meeting west of the airport this morning.

Susan

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the cover!! So exciting. What great taste in quilts they have. It is a great design and fun to make too!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Congratulations Susan, wow your now a cover girl!!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations Susan. I hope Bonnie will send me this issue. I can't get it here . I am a big fan of this special :c)

1:11 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Congratulations...can't wait to see it. This is one of my favorite quilting mags!
Sio

1:45 PM  
Blogger Wasie said...

Congratulations on that cover, girl! Wow! The quilt looks great. Are the kits ready? When will the mags be in at the shop? Can't wait to see it!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats on the magazine cover! Too cool! Is the store featured inside?

How did the housekeeping go? It is a constant fight with my kids about why mama doesn't want to spend her life cleaning up their messes!

Sarah

9:29 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

I can hardly wait to get my magazine now so I can see your shop!

11:03 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

WTG on the cover!

I don't subscribe to any quilting magazines, but I'll look for this one in the stores now!

12:29 PM  
Blogger karen said...

I can't wait to pick up my copy and to see your shop. How wonderful it must feel!!!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Congratulations on having your quilt on the cover! That has to be great for business.

Judy L.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home