Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Collaborative Quilting

I picked up a new book at United Notions yesterday and have spent the day browsing through it - "Collaborative Quilting" by Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran.

All I can say is "WOW". If you're a fan of Gwen Marston, maverick quilting, or screaming bright quilts ala Freddy Moran - RUN, don't walk - to your nearest quilt shop and grab a copy. (or, shameless plug, call me and I'll get it for you.....). It's got over 250 pages of design theory by both Gwen and Freddy, loads of photos of their work, ideas for collaboration, block designs for your "parts department", and "recipes" for 31 projects.

Oh my. There's days when I wish I didn't have to work for a living.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

The library doesn't have this book, (yet?) but I was able to get some others from Gwen Marston.

5:21 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

amazon here I come

5:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have this on pre-order already, they said it would ship the first week of August, I can't wait! Thanks for the review!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Mine should be on it's way very soon...wish they would hurry it up!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home