Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Get to Take a Workshop!


I have lots to tell you about, but no time to really blog. I promise more details later.

However, I am fortunate enough to take a little time off to attend a workshop with Becky Goldsmith of Piece O' Cake designs tomorrow and Thursday. Becky is a friend of mine and she and Linda shop in the store regularly.

Becky is teaching "Everyday Best" right here in McKinney, so Diane and I are going to sit in the back row and heckle and have a good time and we just might learn something too! I'm going to use Kaffe Fassett fabrics for my block - it should be interesting!

I haven't taken a workshop in 5 or more years. I'll let you know how it goes....

9 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Is that quilt the one for the workshop? Look at all those little, little pieces in the rounds! Be sure to tell us all about it.

5:36 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

no workshops for 5 years! you go girl, you run girl, get yourself to that back row and have a fantastic time !!! :-)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I really like Piece O' Cake designs. I'm sure you will have a great workshop.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I am really very curious Ar you going to make this quilt ??

9:23 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Becky came to our guild in Memphis last year, she's great!

Did you notice that the fabric in the upper right of that picture with the green and yellow dots matches the background of your blog? :)

2:15 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Ohhh my, that is one amazing quilt! Is that the one you'll be working on? It looks so tricky!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

I love that quilt! I'd love to see yours when it's done and let us know if it is a bear to do!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

Becky had this at her talk at the guild a few months back-Patti and I went and had a ball. I went up afterwards and got as close as a person can..admiring this quilt-what fun you will have! and she was just the best talker..

5:24 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

WOW....this quilt from Becky Goldsmith is on my to do list. I have bought the book, and are collecting fabrics for it. I think I soon have enough to start. The block you have made is beautiful. I will not use one Kaffe Fassette fabric but also fabric with big dots and bright colours. Perhaps I should dig deep in my stash and use some of my fabrics. Lucky you having Becky as a friend. I would like to learn what teqnique she uses on paperpiecing. Perhaps the book show me how to do it.
Hugs from Norway.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home