Monday, August 14, 2006

The Vacay, Part 2

After 5 attempts, blogger is not playing nice with my pictures.

After the aquarium, we visited the USS Lexington Aircraft Carrier in Corpus Christi Bay. What a fascinating tour! We had a challenging time trying to impress upon Audrey and Tori the significance of an aircraft carrier and its role during wartime.

We left Corpus and went to Port Aransas. Monday morning we took a 4-hour fishing tour - the fish were not biting (but I caught the only 2 small ones!) and the girls got a big kick out of seeing dolphins in the bay. We spent the afternoon at Mustang State Park and the beach.

Tuesday, we travelled to Galveston. Our hotel was right on the seawall and the girls couldn't wait to get into the water. Wednesday morning we took a Galveston Bay history and dolphin watching tour. No matter how many times you see them, it is still amazing to see dolphins right there in the bay. We watched a movie on the The Great Storm (Galveston was devastated by a hurricane in 1900) and visited Quilts By the Bay. More beach combing and shell collecting was done in the afternoon.

Thursday, we left Galveston and headed into Houston. I have a friend that works at the Houston Zoo and we made arrangements for Steve to take us on a tour behind the scenes in the bird department. The girls thought that was really cool (and it really was!). It was so hot and steamy that we didn't stay for long. We headed for home.

The following week was filled with middle school registration and orientation, haircuts, orchestra board meeting, doctor appointments, orchestra jump start as well as creating and publishing the quarterly newsletter for the shop. I haven't known if I was coming or going for the past week!

I've actually been sewing the past couple of days - and if Blogger ever decides to play nice again, maybe I'll show you a picture....

So, no, I haven't run away or been in a dreadful accident. Although running away looked pretty good at one point.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

So very busy, but such wonderful, memorable times- I'm glad you were able to share all of this with your daughters.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I've been having trouble getting photos to post also. I found doing them one at a time helps. I make sure I save the post before adding pictures though, to make sure my words don't lost in the shuffle. People have had success with picasa, but I haven't tried that.
Glad you had a good vacation.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home